Monday, March 7, 2011

The Unsaid Babble That Really Needs to be Said Aloud

I really think I want to leave the teaching profession and it makes me feel really bad to say that. It makes me feel REALLY bad that I have such high student loans and I don't want to do the job I worked so hard to get. :/

I feel sad. I feel guilty. I feel confused. I feel like a failure.

With that said, I also feel like as long as I have breath in my lungs, anything is possible...so I think I may get my M.A. in Cultural Anthropology. I have always had a passion for history and especially for cultures, which is why I am also certified in Social Studies. I have 8 more years in which to get my masters, so that means I can teach until then. Of course I will always teach like my life depends on it, just because I don't want to do it forever doesn't mean I'll slack off. I'm no slacker.

I may change schools though. My literacy coach is trying to get me to go to the school she is going to next year. She thinks the school I'm in now doesn't have any support and she said that with the "right support, you can become a phenomenal teacher. You've got it already, you just need guidance." I think she's right...but that school has behavior issues as well and quite frankly I'm sick to my soul of behavior issues.

I have all the GRE practice booklets I could get, except one and I'll probably get it soon. I loaned my vocabulary one to a student who is probably the most gifted person I've ever known. He's an 8th grader studying GRE vocab...go figure! lol

Anyway, there's the babble I cannot say aloud.

1 comment:

Angela said...

I'm sorry that you are having such a difficult time this year. You need to do what you need to do to be happy though. I think it will be hard to get away from behavior issues while teaching, unless you were teaching college, and maybe not even then. There are so many troubled kids out there, and it is so sad. Hang in there! The year is close to over:)
Sending much love and {{{HUGS}}}