Sunday, March 30, 2008

The Constant Gardener

The garden is coming to life and it's so exciting to watch! The crocus are blooming now and the daffodils and tulips are just about to bloom. I am so excited to see the bright colors!

I started many plants from seed this year. It's my first time to try this and so far I'm having good luck. I have zinnias, chamomile, petunias, tomatoes, coleus, cosmos and morning glory to name a few. Growing plants from seed is one of the coolest things I've ever done. I mean....it's so fun to watch them germinated and grow their first real leaves. I'm really excited about it. I think of how cool it'll be to see them bloom in the garden! :) That's so awesome.

Sometimes I think I should have gone into horticulture. I love plants and can't imagine that I'd ever tire of working with them and taking care of them. Oh well. I chose a different path and hey, I'm enjoying gardening on my own time, in my own way.

I planted an orange trumpet vine today and can't wait to see it bloom later on. I don't know how they do in their first year, so I'm not going to get too excited about blooms this year. I know it'll bloom next year, so for now I'll just enjoy watching it grow bigger.

No comments: