Sunday, April 27, 2008

Annoying

This weekend I was called a Renaissance woman. What a strange thing to be called. Sure, I have a lot of interests, but I am not a master of anything and more like a dabbler in everything, so the title of Renaissance woman is really not accurate. It was nice to hear though.

My garden is coming to life, but I have spacing issues in the front that need to be addressed. I want to get more bleeding hearts and have fewer daylilies out front. I can't believe how well the bleeding hearts are doing. It's awesome.

I'm a little annoyed by something that was said this weekend. My husband's aunt made the point of mentioning more than once that I've yet to "start my career." You know, the way I look at it, I've had a full-time career for 13 years....I'm a mother and a damned good one at that. I am embarking on a second career.....that of a teacher and will begin in one year. The fact that she said that really annoyed me. The path I've chosen is my own. If other people don't like it, I really can't help that, nor would I want to. Grrrrr....

Other than that the weekend has been wonderful. Scott and I hung out and had a great time. The boys were with Scott's cousins and went to see National Treasure 2 again. They had a blast. So it was a great weekend except for the nosey rich woman whom I truly adore....but she was really annoying this weekend.

No comments: