Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Writing

I'm revisiting a story I started last year. I think it's okay....(and it'll have to be even if it isn't) to leave a wtory and return to it later. I have so many "dusty" computer files with stories I've started and never finished and I used to think this was indicative of my flighty nature and showed my lack of focus, but I never thought about the fact that I DID save them. They aren't forgotten. I've just put them away for safe keeping until I am ready to revisit them....like I did this morning.

I was sort of surprised that I could pick back up with it. It wasn't hard at all and I wrote another two pages. I guess if I revisit it more frequently and just write to see where it'll take me, I'll have a decent story going by the end of the year. I'm excited about this story. They say to write what you know and that's what I'm doing. I'm adding things from my life, things I've seen, things I've felt and I'm mixing them with things I wish I had known. It's fun.

No comments: