Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Why is it that some people expect you to never say anything negative about their beliefs, but if you even so much as mention your own they automatically label you as "evil" or something equally horrible?

I ask this because while I appreciate and respect other beliefs, I do not see this reciprocated. It is to the point that I feel the need to hide my beliefs from others for fear of ridicule and alienation. The funny part is, I'd be alienated by those who claim to love all people and claim to be generous to all people.

I just find it very unfortunate that we can't get beyond such primitive ideas. It makes me remember why I isolated myself from others so much as a teenager. Because I was different and did not follow my mother's Christian ideas, she labeled me evil and said I was a devil worshiper. I wasn't! She only labeled me as such because I did not believe as she did and "anything not of God was of Satan."

Is this true?

I have no idea.

Sometimes I wish I were into country music and attended church on a regular basis so I could fit in around here. It would make life so much easier. However, I just can't bring myself to do it. Country music literally makes me sick and I just don't like the dogma of church. I've seen too many pastors get wealthy and I've seen too many churches tear down perfectly good homes to build parking lots. It's ridiculous.

I like Christ. I do not like most Christians.

I do not understand how the followers of Christ, who went from door to door to beg for food, was the son of a carpenter and eventually tortured mercilessly on a cross, could ask for THINGS...attend a church that is LOADED. I call it "Six Flags over Jesus." It is so very contradicting and it aggravates me to no end. These same people drive more than one SUV and judge, judge, judge.

Perhaps these are not true Christians? I just don't know. Perhaps I am being too judgmental. We are all human, after all and keeping up with the Jones' seems to be a theme here in America.

I'm sure there are plenty of people out there praying for my soul right now after the posts I've put up on Facebook, but I don't care. Actually I do. I don't think I need my "soul saved." I believe it is just fine as it is. I feel full of light and love. I want to be peaceful. I want others to be happy. I want to feel love rather than judgment. I just want to live my life and let others live theirs.

I am a very opinionated person. I know this. It is one of my many flaws. However, if we don't let our opinions out, we lose our voice and I for one, do not want to lose my voice. That said, I dislike upsetting people. I think my ED side still takes over occasionally & I try to please everyone. I don't want anyone mad at me, even people I don't particularly like.

Light & love,
T.

No comments: