Thursday, April 8, 2010

Writing

I think this blog is proof of just how egocentric I am. It's strange to write this, but I like it and so I'll continue with it until I get bored.

All I've done today is write, watch birds & eat. That's it; that's all The writing I've been doing has stirred up old feelings & by that I don't mean ED feelings....just old feelings. Old feelings of sadness and loss of really good friends. Old feelings of fear and heartache....but also old feelings of laughter. It's been interesting and I find that I can only write for so long before I absolutely must take a break from the past.

I must put it away & remember where I am: in the present. I have to pull myself back here. It was harder today than it has been the last few days. I am on page 73 and I'm delving into Part Two of my work. It's been a strange ride, but one I'm really glad I've decided to take. I think it is very necessary.



On a side note:

I found it interesting that I was mentioned in a book review for You Are Not Alone Vol 2. The author of the review quoted my poem. I felt immense pride for that. I'm happy someone acknowledged that poem...it was rather difficult to write & even more difficult to get to the point where I could write it. I owe a lot of that to my friend, Angie who told me I should submit it. Thanks, Angie.

Here's the link:

http://eatingdisorders.suite101.com/article.cfm/you_are_not_alone_i_and_ii_book_reviews

No comments: