Thursday, July 10, 2008

Rev. Jesse Jackson

Okay, we've all heard about Rev. Jesse Jackson's comments regarding Barack Obama....well, I have to say while I'm a supporter of Obama and will vote for him, I do at least in part, agree with Rev. Jackson's criticisms of Obama.

One of my criticisms of Obama has been his emphasis on hope and moral obligation, but his lack of PLANNING. I believe he has a plan, but he needs to emphasize it to the public. So in that I do agree with Jackson. Of course I don't agree with the profanity and it is not my opinion that Obama "talks down to black people," but he does need to start letting us know what his plan is for America.

On Good Morning America, Chris asked Jackson if his beliefs are "shared by the black community." This pisses me off so bad I can't stand it. If Jackson were white would Chris have asked him if his views were "shared by the white community"? NO. Because in America white people are given the PRIVILEGE of being individuals while black people are lumped together in a group known as the "black community." It is one of the shames of our nation. It pisses me off so bad.

No comments: